No. We’re happy to say, there’s no change to your current plan.
It doesn’t affect you this year since there’s no change to your 2018 plan. So you can keep going to UPMC, plus the other great doctors and hospitals included in your plan, for the rest of 2018.
Some Western Pennsylvania UPMC facilities will be out of network in 2019. For a listing of these hospitals, please see below.
Yes. You’re always covered when it matters most. When there’s an emergency, your Highmark Medicare plan always covers your care the same as in-network care, no matter where you go. This includes all UPMC facilities.
If your doctor is no longer in-network, you can find a doctor that’s in-network or use the new See Any Provider Benefit for 2019. Visit medicare.highmark.com for an up to date listing of in-network providers or shop for a 2019 Medicare Advantage plan.
We give you three easy ways to find your ideal doctor:
- Call 1-866-871-7710 (TTY users may call 711), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week
- Stop by your local Highmark Direct health insurance store – To find a store near you, visit HighmarkDirect.com
- Take our Dr. Match Quiz and get paired up with an in-network doctor that suits your unique needs.
- UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital
- UPMC Altoona
- UPMC Bedford
- UPMC Horizon (both campuses)
- UPMC Jameson
- UPMC Kane
- UPMC Northwest
- UPMC Somerset
- UPMC Cole
- UPMC Pinnacle Carlisle
- UPMC Community Osteopathic in Harrisburg
- UPMC Pinnacle Hanover
- UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg
- UPMC Pinnacle Lancaster
- UPMC Pinnacle Lititz
- UPMC Pinnacle Memorial in York
- UPMC Pinnacle West Shore in Mechanicsburg
- UPMC Susquehanna Divine Providence in Williamsport
- UPMC Susquehanna Lock Haven
- UPMC Susquehanna Muncy Valley
- UPMC Susquehanna Soldiers + Sailors in Wellsboro
- UPMC Susquehanna Sunbury
- UPMC Susquehanna Williamsport Regional
- UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital
- UPMC East
- UPMC Hamot
- UPMC McKeesport
- UPMC Mercy
- UPMC Passavant
- UPMC Presbyterian
- UPMC Shadyside
- UPMC St. Margaret
- UPMC has not terminated any physician contracts, it has only terminated hospital contracts for facilities in Allegheny and Erie Counties.
- On October 1, 2018, UPMC Health System publicly confirmed that they will treat any Highmark Freedom Blue and Security Blue MA member who wishes to receive care at an OON UPMC facility after June 30, 2019.
It is likely that your UPMC Doctor was not aware of your Highmark plan’s out-of-network benefits prior to them being announced on October 1, 2018. Should you need assistance regarding this situation, please call us at 1-866-871-7710 (TTY users may call 711), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week.